What can the IDTA do for me?
The IDTA can provide you with all the necessary training, guidance and support to enable you to achieve your goal.
Being a dance teacher is more than just hiring a hall. A dance teacher has a number of responsibilities as well as opportunities in establishing their own school, working in education and providing for those with special needs.
If you are already a qualified teacher looking for an Association to support you and provide you with a broad spectrum of services, then you may wish to consider affiliating, see below.
BECOMING A MEMBER
Entry to Membership at the Association is by examination, details of which can be obtained by contacting Head Office.
Applications from qualified teachers who hold qualifications by other recognised dance teacher associations will be considered on proof of their qualifications with another association.
Please complete the IDTA Membership Application Form.
There are special arrangements for university students who have qualified with the Association as a Teacher. The scheme requires students to supply photocopies of documentation proving the offer of placement at University and, in due course, of actual attendance at the University over a two or three year period. Contact us for further information.
Are you a qualified member and are currently engaged on a professional dance contract - the IDTA can offer special arrangements for professional dancers too. We will require proof of your contract, please contact us for further information.
- 7000 teachers in over 55 countries
- Prestigious professional qualifications
- Free Annual Congress
- Free entry to London seminar
- Free bi-monthly magazine 'Dance International'
- Larger discounts granted to teachers than any other organisation
- Free entrance to area meetings and most courses, training days & seminars
- Excellent public liability insurance rates available from Giles Insurance Brokers (Tel: 01689 877800).