Click image for full size version
1. All entries must come from an IDTA registered school and will be taken on the day of the competition.
2. For competitions with 6 or less competitors there will be a Presentation (warm-up) round.
3. All dances will be danced from the first round, but all dances may not be included in the Presentation (warm-up) rounds.
4. ‘Open’ competitors not permitted in any events.
5. Professionals and ‘Open’ competitors are allowed to partner. 6. All amateur competitors must have entered for an IDTA examination in the relevant Ballroom or Latin styles in which they are competing, within the previous 12 months prior to the event. (Due to the COVID pandemic this rule is is suspended for this September 2021 event).
7. All couples competition age groups under 16 years the eligibility of the couple to enter a competition is determined by the oldest member of the partnership.
8. All couples competition age groups 16 years and over the eligibility of the couple to enter a competition is determined by the youngest member of the partnership.
9. Amateur couples are only allowed to dance in one competition age group.
10. Amateur medalists are only allowed to dance in one competition age group.
11. Dress requirements: Under 12’s as per Nationwide restricted dress rules. Under 16’s and Adults: Gentlemen NO tail suits. Ladies No restriction.
12. All competitors in under 13’s competitions are restricted to figures included in the Laird Latin and Guy Howard Ballroom technique books. Parts of figures cannot be danced and standard precedes and follows must be used. No lifts are allowed in any event. All competitors in starter events are restricted to Associate syllabus figures only.
13. The organisers reserve the right to combine competitions with another suitable event where there is an entry of less than 6.
14. Split partnerships are allowed in the medallists events : ie: A partner may dance with more than one competitor in an event, the compare will announce ‘ Change partners’ to indicate the change of partner.
15. Each competitor may compete in Solo, Medallist & Couples events in Ballroom and Latin (Maximum of 6 events ).