Child Protection Guidelines for dance schools

The IDTA has produced guidelines for member teachers to use and adapt to their school as required. Further information can be obtained from your local Council, the Sport and Recreation Alliance website and the NSPCC website.

Log in to the secure Members section for IDTA guidelines.

Children working in shows, films and TV

Teachers should contact their local Council for information on the regulations and licenses required for children working in shows, film and TV. For further information, log in.

NSPCC: Safeguarding in the performing arts

The NSPCC has an article on their website offering advice on keeping children safe in music, drama, dance, television and theatre: